
It's lazy Saturday and it feels great to take my time to do what ever I want. So far I've cleaned my disasterously messy bedroom and read a little bit of homework. Oh yeah. Now I'm just sitting here listening and singing to Barbra Streisand music. (She's the best!! and Daddy, I don't even care if she's an anal democratic staunch or whatever you said. ha ha :) ) Anyway so I've had quite the week. I have been typing on my little computer for four days straight!!!! (Midterms. I don't really have to say anything more than that.) For one I had to come up with Ten lesson plans to teach students how to write persuasively using the book Northanger Abbey. At least I got to choose my own book. For the other one, I had to write a short story. I'll tell you one thing, I am NO GOOD at short stories. It ended up being twenty pages long and I had to cut it off short and delete a lot of scenes. It also has a horrible ending. All because I ran out of time to finish it. Yeah. Not a short story writer, or, maybe it was just not a short idea.... Who knows. Any way, so last night I decided to reward myself for my persistent hard work ( I didn't even allow myself to watch The Nanny!! my new favorite show) by going to a dance with my roommate. I went a little bit late (Moby Dick was on TV!) and while I wandered the crowded room full of laughing, sweaty people, I became painfully aware of how many people I do not know. All I could do was walk around, swaying to the music by myself, and giggle because I knew how ridiculous I must've seemed. I finally found her and her friends, and hung out with them for the rest of the night. Boy did it feel good to be with recognizable people. Please people! Do not take the people you know for granted! Without them, you would be just like me, wandering around somewhere pretending you know exactly what you're doing, but it's obvious that you don't. By the way, this was a super hero dance and I painted a sweet mask on my face with makeup. Here's a picture of it. Well, I think that's everything new for me. Back to the books. Poetry paper due monday. Boo to that. Well See ya!!!
I love the mask! I hope yoou had a cape to go with it. If not, give me some notice and I can whip you up one for the next sper hero dance. hehehe
ReplyDeletethanks :) Naturally I had a cape. Well... I made it out of a really long scarf that looked really bad... but ha ha it worked. Oh yeah you're a sewing guru aren't you? You know I was at the bookstore yesterday ( surprise surprise) and I found this awesome series of antique books all about sewing clothes (from like the twenties) I thought of you. ha ha
ReplyDelete