Tuesday, January 26, 2010

normal roommate stuff

So, I know that roommate stories are super cliche but who cares. It never stops being funny. So, I have a roommate who is a total clean freak. Our kitchen is completely spotless. All the time. Now don't get me wrong, it's a good thing. Really. Being tidy is very useful, it prevents the build up of germs and countless sicknesses that six girls could possibly float around their kitchen. It's nice. Anyway so this roommate, I secretly call her Queen of the Kitchen to anyone who doesn't live with me, is constantly washing all of our dishes. It's kind of annoying really. We'll eat breakfast, pop our cereal bowls into the sink, rush of to class, and when we come back a few hours later, the sink is empty. I always wonder why because, naturally I was planning to do my dishes after class, but I guess three hours is just too long for a bowl to hang out in a large sink. Odd.
Well, today when I came home from class, I opened the door to a big whiff of chemicals, all the furniture moved away from the tables, and said roommate vigorously scrubbing and vacuuming. " Uh... Deep cleanin' today?" I curiously said as i walked over to the hall that leads to my bedroom. " There was gum!" was the unexpected answer I recieved. "Gum?" I asked back.
" There was Gum on the floor!"
"Where?" I asked, thinking it was smooshed into the carpet underneath the sofa or something.
"Right next to the trash can in the kitchen! I have to leave a note for everyone. This is riddiculous!" she practically shouted to the vacuum. (I'm sure she was talking to me though)
So.. She tore up the entire kitchen and living room because she found a small piece of gum on the floor, next to the trashcan, that someone probably accidently missed when they tried to chuck it in. (probably me)
Now, in our always spotless kitchen, there is a sign that literally reads, " Keep Kitchen Clean!! Don't Forget To Clean Up After Yourself!!" Hmm.... I wonder what bee got in her bonnett?
ha ha. this just keeps getting more and more interesting as time goes on.

2 comments:

  1. Well no doubt a tidy house is conducive to good studying! Send this girl my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha... your room mates with monica from friends! jk I had a room mate that after eating would only rinse off the dishes and put them right back in the cupboards. I would go to eat and find food stuck to plates and forks in the cupboard!!! YUK!!!! They are both room mates of the extreme ends but I think I would have taken the clean freak. ha ha ha..

    ReplyDelete